PayPal Mobile Money Service with MPESA is a money transfer service for PayPal and M-PESA users, provided by Thunes in partnership with Safaricom and PayPal.
- Go to www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- You will need to log into your Kenyan PayPal account.
- Agree to terms and conditions for using the service.
- Add your Safaricom MPESA number.
How to top up PayPal account using M-PESA
- Go to your M-PESA menu
- Select Lipa na M-PESA then the Pay Bill option.
- Enter Business Number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- Hit send and confirm the details then proceed by clicking Send
Top-Ups to your PayPal account will generally be processed in real time but may take up to 4 hours.
How to withdraw money from PayPal to MPESA account
- Visit www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/M-pesa
- Sign up
- After completing the registration, click Withdraw.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw from your PayPal account in USD.
- You will be redirected to a page showing the amount to be received in KES, the exchange rate used for the currency conversion, and the estimated transaction processing time.
- Confirm and complete the withdrawal of funds.
After you have confirmed the transaction, it takes between 2 hours to 3 calendar days to process a withdrawal from your PayPal account to your M-PESA account, depending on the transaction value.